at Westside Family Healthcare in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Dental Patient Services Representative
Westside Family Healthcare is a community-minded, non-partisan health center located in Delaware. Since opening our doors in 1988, Westside has been driven by our mission to improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay. We believe our talented team of clinicians and support staff is vital to achieving our mission and serving our community.
With 240 team members, five health centers, and over 27,000 patients serving all of Delaware, Westside is committed to improving health, one patient, one family, one community at a time.
Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity. We offer competitive salaries and benefit packages including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings retirement plan and more.
The Dental Patient Services Representative is responsible for the smooth administrative entry and exit of the dental patient. Using the appropriate systems, the Dental PSR verifies and/or updates patient demographic and insurance information, verifies insurance eligibility and co-payments, collects and posts co-payments, contacts referrals to setup appointments, carefully maintains the dental schedule and refers the patient to an Enrollment Specialist when appropriate.
1. Greet all patients
2. Distribute 'New Patient' and 'Health History' forms to new patients and assist with completion if needed
3. Use two identifiers, name and date of birth, to verify patient identity
4. Register and update current information in Dentrix, with proper spelling and verified information
5. Verify patient’s insurance eligibility with the insurance carrier
6. Collect co-pays and enter payment into Dentrix and provide payer with a receipt at time of transaction
7. Tie out daily payments received between Daily Deposit Sheet and payments in drawer
8. Diligently manage schedule, adhering to the providers’ templates
9. Contact referrals to setup appointments
10. Assist in resolving any scheduling problems or rescheduling patients when needed
11. Complete appointment reminder phone calls
12. Answer telephone calls in professional manner and respond to the caller by providing correct information and/or taking the appropriate action(s)