at WSFS Bank
The Corporate Banking Trainee will analyze commercial loan customers and real estate projects for financial and business risks. The incumbent will review the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statements and analyze industry and market risks. The incumbent will prepare credit memorandums, financial spreadsheets and relationship/profitability analysis, and other tasks associated with supporting Relationship Managers. This role requires the completion of an extensive two-year training program, including specialized external classroom training and on-the-job training with experienced bankers. The Corporate Banking Trainee will work with business clients with revenues of $2.5 to $100 million and real estate transactions from $1 to 15 million in credit exposure. Additional responsibilities include:
- Using spreading software, spread financial information from financial statement or tax returns.
- Review and analyze commercial credit client and guarantor tax, financial and spread data.
- Prepare credit request summaries, relationship profitability reports, sensitivity analysis, and collateral analysis.
- Prepare credit memos to be submitted to appropriate lending authority for approval including senior management, Loan Committee, Office of CEO, and Board of Directors.
- Analyze and approve Small Business loans within credit authority.
- Provide backup for Relationship Manager.
- Perform credit administration responsibilities: collect financial information, test financial covenants, recommend loan structure changes when appropriate.
This is a full-time position located in Wilmington, DE.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent work experience, which provides a basis for commercial loan underwriting and analysis, including the review and interpretation of client financial statements and tax returns, review and understanding of data in both personal and business bureaus.
- Must have one years of credit review experience including a strong background reviewing personnel and commercial financial statements.
- Must have a blend of credit experience, professionalism as well as a thorough knowledge of credit and regulatory policy.
- Some general business and banking background. Preferred.
- Ability to communicates with vendors (i.e., Appraisers) and customers to review and obtain the most accurate information as well as to communicate the final decision.
- Ability to "find a way" to make a loan request while maintaining the credit quality dictated by bank policy.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and strong PC spreadsheet skills.
How do you get to be nearly 200 years old in a world that's constantly changing? For us, the answer has always been the same: create a team of Associates who are passionate about serving the community, and success will follow. Our Mission and Values serve as essential reminders about who we are and how we do business. WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.