at WSFS Bank
The Director of Data Systems and Software Development will be responsible for driving internal technology strategies and design, including applications and data strategy, to increase business value and lower the total cost of ownership while also directing the day-to-day operations. In partnership with the Chief Technology Officer, the Director will set the enterprise data strategy and design across WSFS. The Director will be accountable for the design and execution of that data strategy, including data architecture, data governance, controls, cloud strategy and usage, and overall data ownership. The Director will also lead the software development teams leveraging Agile, Lean, and Waterfall methodologies to develop both internal applications and leverage APIs and microservices to integrate external applications and vendor software. The Director will lead the software development team in partnering with the lines of business, architecting, developing, leading the documentation, and maintaining high performing and secure software applications utilizing the SDLC. The Director will partner with leaders and Associates from Technology and the lines of business to develop and manage a portfolio of development work and will need to collaborate, persuade, and influence up, down, and across the organization to effectively and efficiently deliver high-quality solutions.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Leadership, direction and technical guidance to the data services and software development teams. The Director will be responsible for hiring, performance management, training, mentoring, coaching, and team building for a team of 4 direct reports and a total reporting compliment of up to 30 Associates.
- Develop and implement data services and software engineering road maps to ensure the department is driving in the proper direction to add the most value to the business.
- Accountable for all software development plans, schedules, budget, software and data quality, resource capacity and allocation.
- Manage joint development with 3rd party vendors as well as outsourced development.
- Lead the department with a focus on optimal team performance and continuous improvements.
This is a full-time position located in Wilmington, DE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Data Systems, CIS, MIS, or related technology discipline and/or equivalent work experience and 10+ years of working experience in data management and data architecture preferably in the banking or financial services industry.
- Must have 10+ years of experience managing enterprise data, information system resources and experience with budgetary responsibility in the banking/financial services industry.
- Must have 7+ years of experience managing, training, and providing technical leadership for a data services and/or software development team.
- Must have experience with data designs at the enterprise level, traditional client server and web-based application experience related to bank financial and delivery applications.
- Experience building success metrics measurements and KPI’s
- Demonstrated working knowledge of PC applications/operating systems and networks such as Office 365, Outlook, Windows 7 and 10 server and Exchange 2010 and above.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of data architecture and network topology.
- Must be able to multi-task, work successfully in an environment of frequently changing priorities and have good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong customer service, performance/people management, team building, and motivational skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills. This position requires extensive communication with division/department managers, associates, vendors, and service providers. Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Exceptional follow-up skills, and ability to consistently manage concurrent issues through completion.
How do you get to be nearly 200 years old in a world that's constantly changing? For us, the answer has always been the same: create a team of Associates who are passionate about serving the community, and success will follow. Our Mission and Values serve as essential reminders about who we are and how we do business. WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.