at Delaware State Housing Authority in Dover, Delaware, United States
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for the position. Since specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can compete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Recommends, designs, develops and implements innovative learning and development programs that support the full employment lifecycle, including onboarding, career development, wellness, succession planning, and management and leadership development. Program development and delivery facilitate both on-line and in person.
- Assesses needs, analyzes gaps, researches best practices, and partner with Human Resource colleagues and DSHA leaders to identify, develop and implement successful and innovative learning and development programs.
- Develops and implements program processes and procedures, maintains records and tracks outcomes.
- Utilizes skills assessments, competency assessments and other performance tools to manage training
- Continually monitors and evaluates effectiveness of programs and makes needed adjustments.
- Coordinates learning and development program activities, including forming committees, scheduling, event logistics and vendor relations.
- Coordinates operation and use of the learning management system and provide system support to all users and resolves system issues and works with vendors as needed,
- Develops integrated talent/performance/learning reports and ensures data is leveraged within the agency.
- Serves as the data custodian of the LMS, uses technical savvy to provide support to internal and external client ensuring user experiences are positive and creates resources providing information and services.
- Identifies, develops, and offers training n the use of online resources and technologies to support the organizational development.
- Maintains technical expertise and knowledge of best practices in online educational trends, developments, and service strategies. Recommends new approaches, modifications or changes that will improve efficiently and/or effectiveness.
- Performs other task as assigned to support the overall agency and employee development initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Training and development principles, practice, methods, and procedures;
- Needs assessment methods;
- Design principles and best practices for effective online learning media use and learner engagement;
- Talent management system coordination and various delivery modalities;
- Sound instructional design principles and the proper utilization of technology to enhance training delivery;
- Effective practices around change management;
- Research and analysis;
- Program/project management principles and techniques;
- Current and emerging learning technology trends and tools;
- Automated human resource information systems;
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and /or statutes.
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Education, Educational Leadership, Business or related field.
- At least 2 years of related experience as a training coordinator, trainer, training facilitator r similar role.
- Hands-on experience coordinating training events.
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation.
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools.
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate).
- Experience with e-learning platforms.
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Strong communication skills.