at Whitman, Requardt and Associates, LLP in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionWater Resources Engineer Wilmington, DE Requisition ID: 1489
At Whitman, Requardt & Associates, LLP, we are "People Focused and Project Driven". We have been in business for more than 100 years and we are known for our quality work and quality employees. This is your chance to join our team - help us to design the infrastructure and buildings that improve the world!
WRA is currently seeking an experienced Water Resources Engineer in our Wilmington, DE office. Our clientele includes a wide range of state and local agencies including DelDOT. Candidate will work with other WRA offices on projects in other regions as well. Responsibilities will include hydrologic/hydraulic (H/H) studies and drainage, stormwater management (SWM) and erosion/sediment control (ESC) design primarily for transportation projects.
- B.S.C.E with a minimum of 5 years of hydrology/hydraulics/drainage/SWM/ESC design experience
- Licensed as a Registered Professional Engineer
- Experience designing drainage, stormwater management systems/BMP’s, erosion and sediment pollution controls; and preparing contract documents; experience with multiple state and local agencies in the Mid-Atlantic region a plus
- Strong knowledge of DelDOT specifications, policies, and procedures
- Experience with H/H design software including HY-8, NRCS (TR-55/TR-20); HydroCAD, StreamStats, HEC-RAS, et. al.
- Hands-on experience with MicroStation CADD software. Understanding of 3D design, including OpenRoads Designer, a plus.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to work cooperatively with others
WRA recognizes that employees play an important role in our success. Our commitment to full-time employees is reflected in the comprehensive benefits package we offer:
- Flexible work schedule options
- Competitive salary
- Leave accrual and paid holidays
- Healthcare benefits
- Group life insurance, as well as additional optional life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursement
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
WRA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable anti-discrimination laws.