at Fiserv in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
What does a great Director, Software Development do?
At Fiserv, our technology engineering leaders bring an open and creative mindset to developing our clients’ solutions. We’re looking for engineering leaders who can work collaboratively and have experience in a range of technologies. These leaders define solution architecture plus have the tenacity and attention to detail to work through complex problems. Our environment consists of modern APIs, micro-services, third-party integrations, and cloud infrastructure.
You will interact with clients of leading financial institutions, product managers, and software engineers to envision, design, and build innovative produce and technology solutions supporting large scale solutions. You will lead and influence agile teams of engineers developing talent, ensuring high quality and innovation are in place to help our clients’ businesses.
You will lead multiple teams in supporting and executing business plans to deliver high performance systems responsible for transacting $2-3 billion daily under strict SLAs.
In this role, you will:
• Perform as a technical application owner for multiple core back-office applications.
• Develop long term strategies and roadmaps to meet business need.
• Organize the work and manage capacity of the teams.
• Participate in strategic planning of future technical opportunities in the area.
• Infuse creative thinking and decision making within team.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• 15+ years hands-on software development experience designing, writing, debugging, and testing object-oriented code.
• 5+ years of current experience leading engineering teams in delivering resilient and high-volume technology solutions.
• 5+ years working on high volume transactional systems (e.g., banking, self-service, or e-Commerce applications.
• Experience in the day-to-day practicalities of Agile/Scrum software delivery methodologies
• Experience with database design, performance tuning, and optimization.
• Experience working with modern CI/CD delivery pipelines.
• Ability to travel up to 20%.
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
• 8+ years’ experience in payments/banking applications industry.
• Advanced knowledge of coding techniques contributing to the reliability, maintainability, readability, simplicity, performance, and testability of software.
• Solid understanding of complex IT environments, including networking, databases, security, and performance.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.