at Pep Boys in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
The Master Technician requires experience and technical expertise to diagnose drivability, air conditioning and electrical systems. It is expected to use leadership and mentoring skills to drive a team to increase customer care and satisfaction A successful Master Technician will have direct interaction with customers and deliver superior service through educating the customer on the problems and proposed solutions for their vehicle.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Diagnose and repair to specifications -- brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer systems.
- Perform job duties of all lower job descriptions (Technician A, Technician B, Mechanic, General Service Technician)
- Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Assist fellow technicians/mechanics in performing technical activities.
- Keep store management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
- Maintain and organized and neat shop
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety, and environmental rules