at CDM Smith in Newark, Delaware, United States
CDM Smith currently has an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager with previous consulting experience managing federal remedial related projects, particularly remedial construction projects. The position will serve as the main point of contact for the day-to-day implementation and management of projects supporting Federal agency contracts and assisting with business development activities.
In this position you will have responsibility for the following:
• Managing scope, schedule, and budget for task orders supporting remedial construction, studies, and/or design, and/or construction contracts.
• Assisting client service leaders with technical marketing including preparing proposals and meeting with clients.
• Building and maintaining positive working relationships with key decision makers in Federal agencies.
Senior Project Manager – Federal Remediation Services
ENT Delivery – Military, Transp & Energy
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 10 years of related experience.
• PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list).
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Previous experience managing projects and tasks for the EPA and/or US Army Corps. of Engineers including projects with the following scope: remedial construction, investigation, feasibility study, risk assessment, post-RI/FS support including proposed plan and Record of Decision support, remedial design, and remedial design/ remedial action oversight support.
• Experience interacting with EPA and/or US Army Corps. of Engineers Program Project Officers, Contracting Officers, Remedial Project Managers, and technical staff.
• Professional engineering license if degree is in engineering or other professional certification/registration if degree is other than engineering.
• Bachelor’s degree in civil or environment engineering, environmental science or related discipline, however a master’s degree is preferred.
• Previous experience managing Federal projects, especially remedial construction projects, preferred experience on sites dealing with contaminated sediments, surface water or groundwater, and/or soils impacted by volatile organics, large-scale residential or mine sites impacted by historic mining activities, or PFAS.
• Experience working with and managing subcontractors.
• Experience working directly, and ongoing relationships, with EPA and/or US Army Corps. of Engineers agencies.
• Previous business development experience including preparation of proposals and cost estimates for remedial construction contracts for EPA and/or US Army Corps. of Engineers agencies.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
Mid-Atlantic United States
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account