at Zenith Home Products in New Castle, Delaware, United States
The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and supervising warehouse employees to make sure all items are prepared, shipped, and received on time while complying with company policy. Their duties also include relaying information between their team and upper management, guiding their team through daily work activities or projects and monitoring employee performance to ensure maximum productivity.
The Second Shift Shipping Supervisor has responsibility for the Shipping and Receiving teams. As the only Supervisor in the building on Second Shift candidates must be able to identify potential issues and put solutions in place independently with little guidance from management.
- Managing the workflow of their employees, creating team schedules and delegating tasks
- Assessing the work performance of their employees and identifying areas that need improvement
- Ensuring that business goals, deadlines and performance standards are met
- Training and onboarding new hires to make sure they understand their roles
- Setting goals for workers and making sure they comply with the company’s plans and vision
- Reporting performance records and evaluations to HR and senior management