at Benedictine Programs and Services in Ridgley, Maryland, United States
The Busy Bee Job Coach is responsible for performing janitorial duties in buildings on campus and in the community. The Job Coach will model job skills and train adult individuals with developmental disabilities who are assigned to work in the Busy Bee vocational area. Quality customer service will be provided to the individuals and contracts at all times.
Need more details? Here are the primary duties and responsibilities:
- Counsel individuals in all aspects of the janitorial field with the goal of helping them gain job skills to seek community employment.
- Assist individuals with daily living skills such as toileting, eating, and dressing, as needed.
- Ensure the safety of the supervised individual(s) by maintaining visual contact and providing a safe learning/working environment.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Service, clean and supply restrooms.
- Provide transportation to individuals to community vocational sites.
- Maintain individual logs, progress notes, and all other documentation as required.
- Empty all trash cans, replace liners, and clean receptacles as necessary.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors.
- Shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish and buff floors.
- Maintain janitor closets in a clean, organized and safe manner.
- Maintain janitorial equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition.
- Proper labeling, dilution and use of all chemicals.
- Wearing proper personal protective equipment at all times.