at Free Lighting Corp/FLC Energy in Greenwood, Delaware, United States
Job Title: Weatherization Technician
Schedule Requirements: Mon-Fri, primarily 7am to 4pm; weekend hours may be required due to customer needs.
Reports to: Crew Chief
A Weatherization Technician is responsible for installing, replacing, and sealing various weatherization materials. An individual in this role should have customer communication skills, organization skills, and be both comfortable and able to perform regular physical activity. An ideal candidate is motivated, energetic, attentive to details, and able to withstand varying temperatures. For example, attic work involves working on 2x4’s and can be hot in the summer. Crawlspaces are tight spaces that can be cold and wet in the winter.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently report to work on time as scheduled, prepared to perform assigned duties and responsibilities during entire scheduled work period/shift.
- Correctly navigate attics, crawlspaces, and other parts of the home to replace and/or install proper weatherization materials (e.g., insulation, vapor barriers in crawlspaces, venting bath-fans, drywall repair, replace and seal ductwork, etc.)
- Complete tasks in accordance with customer needs, energy regulations, codes, and all safety protocols and policies.
- Prepare and maintain accurate activity logs, records, or other paperwork as required.
- Inspect and maintain equipment and materials to identify defects, safety concerns, or other problems.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with coworkers, supervisors, and clients receiving energy services.
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must demonstrate a high level of integrity and self-motivation.
- Must adhere to proper safety protocol and PPE policies.
- Must pass pre-employment criminal background check.
- (if applicable) Must have current and valid driver’s license in good standing and must have a driving record that would permit coverage under FLC Energy’s driver’s insurance.
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in US upon offer.
- Must be able to lift or push 75 lbs.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to see clearly with ability to adjust focus.
- Must be physically able to sit, climb, stoop, bend, kneel, balance, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have functional range of motion in legs, arms, hands, and fingers
- Must have the ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- One or more years of previous experience as a weatherization installer/technician, or other related job position.
- Certifications related to BPI, RESNET, NATE.