at Chesapeake Utilities Corp. in Salisbury, Maryland, United States
Responsible for exhibiting Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values, regarding external customers, agencies, vendors, internal departments and co-workers. This position is responsible to operate a bulk delivery truck in a safe manner consistent with all applicable codes and regulations. Cost effectively delivers propane gas while providing quality customer service. This also includes the delivery of propane gas to large industrial and commercial propane customers and CGS accounts.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
- Operate truck and delivery equipment safely.
- Deliver propane gas.
- Perform pre-trip and post trip safety inspections of vehicle and equipment.
- Document findings of inspections and ensure appropriate action is taken in regards to any exceptions.
- Prepare and maintain all appropriate documentation required of drivers by the Department of Transportation.
- Observe all traffic rules and practice defensive driving techniques.
- Observe all company, industry, and regulatory guidelines regarding the safe operation of equipment and the delivery of propane gas.
- Deliver propane gas in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Record deliveries, meter readings and tank percentages accurately.
- Check credit status of customers prior to making deliveries when on call
- Collect payments from customers and disconnect gas service as directed.
- Keep the Delivery Manager and DM informed of inventory levels in various bulk plant tanks.
- Prepare driver settlement reports on a daily basis and submit with work at the end of the day to the Delivery Manager.
- Verify the driver settlement report balances properly and all information is recorded accurately.
- Record payments received from customers as required.
- Inspect bulk plants, plant equipment and delivery equipment.
- Inform the Delivery Manager of any items which need attention or repair.
- Report any unsafe conditions to management immediately.
- Inspect equipment at customer locations to ensure compliance with company and industry standards and inform Delivery Manager of any conditions which are in violation of codes or suspected to be unsafe.
- Ensure that the vehicles assigned are mechanically maintained and that they are kept clean to present a good company image.
- Paint storage tanks.
- Disconnect and reconnect gas service and relight appliances in accordance with Company policy.
- Assist in the installation of tanks, equipment and appliances.
- Deal with customers in a friendly manner.
- Be sensitive to customers’ situations and provide helpful assistance to resolve problems.
- Be cooperative with management and co-workers.
- Participate in company functions.
- Participate in training seminars.
- Assist installation and service personnel.
- Exhibit a commitment to Quality Customer Service.
- Participate in company and industry activities which serve to improve personal job knowledge and performance
- Perform other related duties as assigned.