at Air Liquide in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Located In Newport, DE. JOB TITLE - Instrumentation & Automation Technician CONTRACT TYPE - Regular PUBLICATION DATE - 2022-04-25 COUNTRY - United States
This role provides technical expertise and hands-on support of factory automation systems - hardware and software - for a continuous-shift (24-7) gas separation membrane manufacturing operation. This role will develop additional depth to our PLC support capabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, serve as a safety role model; promote a high level of safety awareness; adhere to and support the continuous improvement of all safety practices / procedures
- Perform routine calibrations for all production equipment. Ensuring all instruments are completed on time.
- Maintain all calibration equipment to have current NIST status.
- Maintain, and troubleshoot existing production systems including instrumentation, motors, valves, variable speed drives, PLC’s.
- Work with Process Control Engineer and Manufacturing personnel to ensure reliable operation of equipment and control systems for polymer solution preparation, fiber spinning, washing, dehydration, and coating, bundle/cartridge forming, winding, and casting, bundle/cartridge post-treatment, bundle/cartridge testing.
- Interact w/ other members of the Technology Group, R&D, Manufacturing and Maintenance to accomplish the tasks
- Support operation with on-call responsibilities after-hours and weekends
- Other related duties as assigned
This position is identified as "safety-sensitive" and is subject to random drug testing in accordance with the current Drug and Alcohol Policy and/or state law.
The candidate must have valid unrestricted employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.