at 3M in NEWARK, Delaware, United States
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so its equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
The Impact Youll Make in this Role
As a Material Handler, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Demonstrating safe work behaviors to avoid injury to self and others
- Working from written and verbal instructions to assist production for on-time parts to customer
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of work area
- Operate several types of PIVs, work steady to keep production running.
- Interacting with production groups and distribution warehouse to keep the flow of material moving.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution.
- Ability to work a 12 Hour Shift, weekends, and overtime as needed.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- This position will require skilled in problem solving and willingness to work in a teamwork environment
- This position will require basic computer & math skills
- Skilled in operating a forklift
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
This posting is for a Material Handler position at Aearo Technologies LLC a 3M company. 3M anticipates that multiple openings for this position will occur over time. Qualified applicants may be considered as Material Handling openings occur at 3M Aearo Technologies LLC a 3M company, and 3M will accept applications for up to 6 months from the posting date of this requisition. Eligible applications will be kept open and active until 6 months from initial posting. After that, the posting will be taken down and applicants will need to apply/re-apply for available open postings at that time.
Learn more about 3Ms creative solutions to the worlds problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity