at Veolia North America in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Veolia is the world’s leading environmental services company with ~179,000 employees globally and a 160-year history. We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients’ energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for cities, governments, campuses, businesses, and industries.
This position will support the various activities primarily in water transmission and distribution; however, this position may support other activities in all other functional areas if needed. Focus will be in the evaluation (including modeling), design, and construction of new and replacement infrastructure projects; tracking compliance with plans, specifications, schedule, and costs.
Organizationally, this position will report to the Engineering Manager.
Direct/Indirect Reports – 0
Budget Accountabilities – Work primarily on design and hydraulic modeling of new and replacement water and wastewater network projects.
· Ability to travel locally
· Valid driver’s license
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities:
· Provide innovative expertise to the Company’s hydraulic modeling and AutoCAD design, and other Engineering processes.
· Develops, with the support of engineering, operations and management, annual and medium term capital plans that achieve operational and business needs while adhering to company financial goals.
· Leads and manages sub-contractors including negotiations of sub-contract agreements; delivery of projects on time and within pre-established budgets. Support the oversight of field and contract personnel to ensure timely completion of assignments, within budget and adherence to standards.
· Provide technical expertise on network design and hydraulic modeling issues.
· Works with the Engineering Dept. In the development/maintenance of company master plans, ensuring projects are aligned to Master Plans.
· Ensure corporate Technical and Environmental Health and Safety/Security standards are incorporated into the designs.
· Maintains relations and interacts with external entities, elected officials, and regulators to ensure compliance and accomplishment of company needs.
This position description is intended for the purpose of evaluation and salary positioning and is not a contract setting forth the full scope of employment. The employer retains the right to deviate from the description at its discretion, without notice.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering
· Master’s degree in Civil Engineering is a plus
· Engineer in Training license
· PE Strongly Preferred
Work Experience Needed:
· 2+ years’ experience in the assessment, design, and/or construction of water distribution facilities preferred
· Worked in water or wastewater or environmental areas
· Ability to work collaboratively as a team member and support multiple activities
· Worked in regulatory and compliance environment
· Experience with operational functions and technologies
Special Skills/Abilities Needed:
· Strong leadership, motivational and change management skills.
· Strong organizational and project management skills, ability to prioritize and meet goals.
· Effective communication, presentation and reporting skills.
· Experience utilizing alternate project delivery methods.
· Computer skills (MS Project, MS Office, ESRI/GIS, Power Plan, Oracle PeopleSoft, AutoCAD, hydraulic modeling or other planning/performance monitoring tools a plus).
· Financial analysis skills, including budget management, ongoing assessment of project risks/opportunities and basic accounting knowledge.
· Fundamental knowledge of operational technologies including SCADA, CAD and GIS, hydraulic network modeling/analysis, work and asset management systems, AMR/AMI.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.