at Chemours in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Chemours is seeking an Engineering Manager to join our Leveraged Engineering Technology team! This position will report directly to the Sr. Director, Global Technology for Thermal & Specialized Solutions (TSS) at our global headquarters in Wilmington, DE.
With a passion for innovation this role leads and empowers a diverse team of engineering fellows, principal engineers, and engineering consultants focusing on the strategic imperatives for all Chemours’ businesses, from the early stages of the innovation process all the way through manufacturing optimization. Chemours’ decade of secular growth will focus on innovating and manufacturing novel products that support immersion cooling, the Hydrogen economy, electric vehicles, next generation refrigerants, and many more. The Chemours Leveraged Engineering Technology organization provides on-demand consulting services across many engineering disciplines and technology areas, which demands strategic thinking and prioritization to ensure focus and agile deployment of the engineering expertise throughout the company.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, collaborative, agile and energetic. This person learns quickly, is team oriented and thrives in fast-paced, change-heavy settings.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide guidance, support, and career development for the Leveraged Engineering Technology organization across a diverse set of technical competencies, focused primarily on mechanical competencies, environmental, and sustainability technologies.
- Maintain strong partnerships with Technology and Operations Leadership in all Chemours businesses, to ensure full alignment of business strategies as projects are prioritized and Leveraged Engineering Technology resources are deployed.
- Manage and maintain a time tracking system to record billed consulting hours to ensure resource allocation aligns with business strategies and that significant increase in specific competencies is recognized timely.
- Continuously identify and acquire knowledge in cutting edge and emerging technologies for all engineering disciplines to increase and improve organizational capabilities.
- Develop and execute staffing plans for the Leveraged Engineering Technology organization.
- Proactively market the available engineering competencies to internal stakeholders and communicate learnings and successes that could be shared across businesses and contribute to the achievement of the business strategies.
- Required travel: Approximately 10-20%
The following is /required/ for this role:
- Science or Engineering degree (BS, MS or PhD)
- 10+ years with progressive leadership experience and a track record of business impact in Engineering, Research & Development, Manufacturing Technology, or Operations
- Strategic thinker with entrepreneurial mindset
- Comfortable with ambiguity and courageous conversations to drive clarity and alignment
- Strong networking and communication skills
The following is /preferred/ for this role:
- Experience in the chemical industry
- Leadership at a manufacturing site
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves-at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are-Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2019-2020-our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/