at Chemours in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Chemours is seeking a Construction Manager to join our growing project team! This position will report directly to the Enterprise Construction Competency Manager in our Wilmington, DE location.
The Construction Manager serves as Chemours’ construction leader for a capital project or multiple capital projects with construction execution responsibility for safety, cost, productivity, schedule, and quality. Participating with and leading a team that is acting as the Owner’s Representative, provides a competitive advantage in execution of the construction phase of the Capital Projects.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide strategic and technical input during Front End Loading and Detailed Design including:
- Participation and input in Engineering/Design Development Reviews
- Development of Contracting Strategy Development, Contractor Qualification and Performance Management
- Lead Constructability Analysis and Optimization (and inclusion of innovative/cost effective construction technologies)
- Lead the Construction effort in the field:
- Safety and quality plans auditing and assessments
- Plan, coordinate and communicate progress of the construction/installation of all phases.
- Optimize and maintain the integrated project schedules.
- Accountable for overall results of field activity on his/her projects and work orders (documentation of change during installation).
- Support the planning and execution of the commissioning and start-up efforts.
In order to be qualified for this role, you /must/ possess the following:
- 8 or more years of industrial construction experience (ideally has progressed through a craft role into a leadership position)
- Broad knowledge of capital project and support processes (ideally in-depth and practical experience in one of the craft roles (Civil/Structural, Process/Mechanical or E&I).
- Capable of detailed planning and management for contracted field work, in a way that barriers and contingencies are anticipated, and appropriate resources are allocated
- Knowledge of construction industry best practices for safety, contracting/sourcing, cost control, quality assurance, scheduling, project cycle time reduction, invoicing, value engineering, and front-end loading
- Must be willing to travel frequently to job sites
The following skill sets are /preferred/ by the business unit:
- Understanding of contracting, purchasing, estimating and management of change processes
- Use of LEAN methodologies and scheduling tools (e.g. Primavera) and knowledge of critical path method scheduling.
- Skill, ability, and experience in networking and teamwork, negotiating, planning, application of construction technology and applications, defining project scope, and translating scope into cost estimates
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves-at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are-Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2019-2020-our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/