at Tetra Tech Inc in Newark, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionDiscover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is currently seeking a motivated and eager-to-learn GIS Analyst to provide support for a wide-array of GIS data analysis, mapping, and related collection, reduction, creation and manipulation of data for various resiliency projects. We are recruiting within all geographical regions.
This position will require GIS support for clients including private sector, state and federal agencies, including, but not limited to: the preparation of shape files and report figures; geospatial database creation; analysis and reduction of web-based applications and field GPS data; and general project mapping and data support. Perform various mapping tasks that require a working knowledge and implementation of geographic principles, cartography, geoprocessing and spatial analysis, database management and ESRI ArcGIS software technology. Additional responsibilities could include responsibility for collecting, analyzing and synthesizing data related to hazard mitigation planning and support of project stakeholder coordination and outreach activities.
The selected candidate will:
- Work collaboratively with and under the supervision of a senior analyst, planner or project manager
- Liaise with professionals on technical aspects of project and program development
- Assist in the preparation of various plans including hazard mitigation and community redevelopment plans including research and analysis of socio-economic, demographic, environmental, historical hazard data, etc.
- Assist with production needs for internal and client deliverables
- Provide administrative support as needed.
Qualifications (replaces "Requirements"):
The selected candidate will have at least 3 years of relevant experience. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated understanding of GIS tools and concepts, and basic project management concepts including client management and performing to the project scope and timeline under the guidance of the project manager. Must be able to work independently, take direction and pro-actively manage time and resources to maintain project schedules.
The selected candidate will have the following skills:
- Ability to work independently, communicate effectively
- collect and analyze hazard, threat, and consequence data.
- Efficiently prepare technical documents
- Strong team player displaying enthusiasm and a true commitment to personal and team growth and development
- Interest and ability to work in a collaborative manner functioning as an active participant
- Works as a problem solver
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to ever-changing situations
- Ability to analyze scientific, environmental, economic and hazard data
- Excellent constructive communicator, both written and verbal
- Ability to successfully support complex and time sensitive projects, manage time and client requests and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Proficient using MS Office software including Word and Excel
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity