at Tetra Tech Inc in Newark, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionDiscover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Tetra Tech currently has an opening for a Facilities Project Manager to manage private sector and occasional municipal building projects in Michigan. The position supports Tetra Tech's global services market, specifically relating to facility design projects locally and occasionally out of state. The selected candidate will experience a unique opportunity to be involved with projects located in various areas of the world working with a team of in-house experts in all disciplines. Our dynamic work environment requires thinking outside of the box to incorporate design and construction solutions to adapt to unique project specific challenges.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for leading multidisciplinary design and production teams for private sector projects (occasionally municipal). Typical projects include condition assessments, facility additions and alterations, new facilities of all types, and restorations.
- Manage a multiple project portfolio worth between $1M and $5M in design fees;
- Under general supervision, develop programming and planning documentation, feasibility studies, and findings reports;
- Provide superior collaboration and communication within a multi-discipline environment;
- Lead the integration of architecture and engineering elements into a unified, cohesive design using REVIT and AutoCAD;
- Assist with activities engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents;
- Coordinate workload through design development and construction document phases to complete projects on schedule;
- Review plans and specifications documents for areas of conflict between all disciplines;
- Review/write/edit specifications and work directly with the senior technical staff and Operations Manager to establish and document the legal parameters of the contract;
- Coordinate and assist, with affected disciplines, with any addendum, RFIs, and change orders and is responsible to incorporate agreed upon changes into the project documents;
- Provide, on an as needed basis, construction contract administration;
Additional Desired Attributes:
- Design Charrette process and facilitation leadership;
- Experience with contract management, invoicing, proposal development (including costs), and project cost estimates
- Understanding of computer drafting tools as well as Microsoft tools.
- Familiarly with space layout and function as well as building system detailing.
- Project Manager will have minimum eight (8) years of experience with increasing responsibility in the private sector market;
- Registered Architect or Engineer (Electrical or Architectural);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven track record of successfully managing projects and delivering on time and within budget, while meeting or exceeding client expectations;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate and direct development of large projects and pursuits with complex features;
- Proven track record of successfully
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity