at Chemours in Newark, Delaware, United States
As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world.
Chemours is seeking a Global Technology Manager to join our growing Advanced Performance Materials 5G venture team. This position will be available at the Chemours Discovery Hub, Newark, DE and report directly to the Global Business Director for the 5G venture.
Chemours’ Advanced Performance Materials business features a broad portfolio of high-performance materials that are driving innovation for technologies across markets that people around the world interact with every day.
Our Advanced Performance Materials segment uses a market-back approach to drive technology development that meets unmet customer needs. Our innovations are underpinned by deep technical knowledge and experience that provides the market with solutions to solve seemingly unsolvable problems.
One of the fast-growing areas in society, where FluoroPolymer materials can provide important solutions, is 5G communication and associated high speed/high frequency infrastructure and applications.
This highly visible role of Global Technology Manager will lead a team of scientists and engineers around the world, who are responsible for solving the challenges that the 5G change brings for the current incumbent materials.
The Global Technology Manager will coordinate program activities and resourcing, guide development and have oversight of the laboratories. The position is a key leadership position in the 5G venture, and works every day together with the global venture leader, global business development team, global program management and all other functions to develop and commercialize Chemours new offering for the 5G space.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leads a team of R&D Scientists and application development engineers, including setting and meeting strategic and tactical goals and objectives for the team and individuals, project prioritization, talent development, recruiting, and succession planning.
- Monitors and evaluates progress and results, and determines improvements or changes needed to achieve goals.
- Works daily with the global 5G Venture team to ensure alignment of technical resources with business strategy new product and application development
- Drives expansion of capabilities to support product development, application prototyping and industry relevant performance testing for the target applications.
- Provide oversight of the laboratories, and drives implementation of new processes and equipment and ensure work is being done safely.
The following is /required/ for this role:
- Master’s or equivalent degree in Science or Engineering
- Demonstrated skill in global leadership and team building
- Knowledge and experience of polymer formulation and processing for electronic applications, application prototyping and application relevant characterization
- A strong ‘Customer Focus’ attitude, and ability to work at the speed of the industry and drive the projects to successful commercialization
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple, complex, time-sensitive projects
The following is /preferred/ for this role:
- Knowledge of electronics related applications
- Experience in new business development
- Experience in leadership of R&D teams
- Previous technical and business leadership team experience
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves-at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are-Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2019-2020-our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/