at (OMB) Office of Mang. and Budget State of Delaware in Dover, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionSummary Statement
Provides front desk coverage and clerical support. Provides administrative support for the Disability Insurance Program (DIP). Maintains databases for SBO communications. Uses advanced Excel skills (lookup, index, pivot, and other formulas) to support Statewide Benefits Office (SBO) initiatives. Responds to member inquiries. Must have proven work record independently prioritizing assignments and managing multiple tasks to meet deadlines. Prepares and proofreads correspondence as requested. Communicates regularly with internal and external contacts.Preferred Qualification
Applicants who do not possess the preferred qualification will still be eligible to compete for this position if job requirements are met.
- Six months experience in the advanced functionality of Microsoft Excel, such as formula/function library, data manipulation, import/export of data and linking multiple spreadsheets.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Applies agency laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures in maintaining and processing agency information.
- Creates official agency word processing documents; creates and maintains agency databases typically using Access or similar software packages; creates and maintains spreadsheets; creates original presentations using software packages.
- Serves as a liaison with the public, clients, agency staff and others to exchange information and explain agency services, laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assures effective coordination of operational functions.
- Establishes tracking and monitoring systems and conducts follow up to ensure effective resolution of matters.
- Obtains, organizes and drafts technical and administrative material necessary for public information or departmental use.
- Collects and compiles data to prepare reports and provide supporting documentation.
- Analyzes routine operating practices and procedures and makes recommendations to ensure smooth and efficient office operation.
- Maintains and controls data and/or filing systems to ensure effective, accurate and easily retrievable documentation of operations, program and project activities.
- May oversee or supervise lower level employees.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Administrative Specialist I
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Six months experience in coordinating office activities such as planning/coordinating meetings or conferences; tracking workflow and follow up; composing meeting notes; directing clients/customers; explaining services to the public and customers/clients; establishing or maintaining filing/record systems.
- Six months experience in document processing which includes reviewing and evaluating records for completeness and conformity with laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures, resolve deficiencies, interpret information, and track and monitor activities.
- Six months experience in using standard computer software programs for word processing, spreadsheets or databases.
- Six months experience in using an automated information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve/inquire and report on data.