at Davis, Bowen & Friedel, Inc. in Milford, Delaware, United States
Davis, Bowen & Friedel, Inc., seeks an experienced Civil Engineer for our Milford, DE and Salisbury, Maryland offices.
At Davis, Bowen & Friedel, Inc. (DBF), we value community minded individuals. Our Civil Engineers design, enhance, maintain and protect the communities we work, live and play in. From the water you drink to the bridge you cross, you’ll find the hard work and dedication of an engineer. Our mission is to improve the quality of life in our communities by creating value through problem solving and design.
In this role, we are looking for an individual who can perform civil engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction; one who will take pride in the work they perform to improve the local landscape. Designs will include both commercial sites and subdivisions. The ideal candidate must have knowledge in stormwater, road, entrance, water distribution for domestic/fire, sewer systems to include pump stations and grading.
DBF’s portfolio includes projects of a wide variety, so if you are looking to expand your repertoire and improve your abilities, this position is the perfect fit for you. We also offer several opportunities for promotion.
- Utilize design software and drawing tools to accurately render and communicate designs; plans and designs other necessary and related systems and structures such as transportation or hydraulics.
- Plan projects based on the based on the analysis of relevant materials such as drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, survey reports, maps and other geologic and topographical data.
- Draft and present reports on topics related to projects such as stormwater reports and right-of-way descriptions.
- Estimate materials, equipment, and labor needed to determine project costs.
- Permitting coordination with local agencies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The preferred applicant shall possess PE licenses in either Delaware and Maryland or the ability to obtain them within 12 months from date of hire.
Desired qualifications include at least four years of related experience, proficiency in AutoCAD and the demonstrated ability to market and work with planners and developers.
We offer a great place to work, an attractive incentive package, liberal PTO, and very competitive benefits. We are located in downtown Milford, situated approximately 15 minutes from Delaware beaches. Our Salisbury office is located 30 minutes from Ocean City. Our offices are centrally located on the Delmarva Peninsula, approximately 2 hours drive from several major metropolitan areas including Washington, DC; Baltimore, MD; and Philadelphia, PA.
Learn more about us and our work on our website: www.dbfinc.com