at Christiana Care Health System in Newark, Delaware, United States
Come and join us in the ChristianaCare Pharmacy - Dedicated to getting the right drug to the right patient at the right time!
ChristianaCare is recruiting for a Clinical Pharmacist in the Ambulatory Anticoagulation Clinic.
- Evaluate drug efficacy, document drug use patterns, monitor therapeutic goals and outcomes, review for contraindications/precautions, drug -drug, drug-food, drug-laboratory, and drug-disease state potentials as well as provide verbal and written consultations concerning drug therapy as requested.
- Evaluate appropriate laboratory tests necessary to monitor and support the patient's drug therapy as well as document recommendations, interventions, and services rendered as appropriate
- Report, record, assess, and evaluate adverse drug reactions
- Provide accurate, timely, and cost-effective drug information to medical, pharmacy, nursing, and other healthcare professionals
- Support and assist interdepartmental initiatives
- Provide educational sessions or materials to patient groups or healthcare professionals as needed
- Regular travel (average twice weekly) between two or more of the six clinic locations and hospital campuses within New Castle County
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Pharm.D. from an ACPE accredited School of Pharmacy required
- ASHP-accredited PGY-1 Residency required
- Board certification preferred
- Current licensure (or eligible to reciprocate) in the State of Delaware
We offer outstanding career opportunities in an environment focused on excellence with remarkable resources, advanced technology, unsurpassed teamwork, and phenomenal benefits.
UPDATE: ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and caregivers. As we continue to meet the needs of our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all caregivers.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.