at SoDel Concepts in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, United States
This position is accountable for the following areas: take and deliver food and beverage orders to customers in a timely and efficient manner; respect and show courtesy towards customers; exceptional customer service to our customers; proper wear of uniforms and personal hygiene; complete all sidework thoroughly and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report to work as scheduled, on time, well-groomed and dressed in proper uniform.
- Greet, seat and serve guests in a prompt, friendly, professional way.
- Know all abbreviations of food items.
- Be familiar with specials and soups of the day prior to starting the shift.
- Take food and drink orders promptly and accurately.
- Pickup orders in window and deliver completed meals to correct customers in a timely manner.
- Check back with customers to ensure satisfaction with food and service, refill drinks, and take any additional orders.
- Ring up bills and deliver to customers. Check out customers at cash register.
- Handle customer complaints in a calm, courteous manner. Inform supervisor of any customer complaints or suggestions.
- Restock service areas.
- Keep service areas clean and complete all assigned cleaning tasks.
- Advise Lead Line Server of any personnel situations or policy violations having an adverse effect on restaurant operating performance.
- Knowledge of food & wine
- Respond quickly to sweeping and mopping up messes.
- Bus tables when busy.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by Lead Line Server or Manager.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate all electrical or mechanical devices adhering to all safety rules.
- Ability to maintain proper attitude, professionalism, and teamwork in areas of customer service and restaurant operations.
- Ability to tolerate cleaning solutions on a regular basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to lift 30 lb. regularly and 50 lb. occasionally.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions and customer interaction.
Ability to work in cooler for up to one hour.