at Solenis, LLC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Laboratory Technician Senior
Workday Req Number
# of Openings
Solenis is a leading global producer of specialty chemicals, focused on delivering sustainable solutions for water-intensive industries, including the pulp, packaging paper and board, tissue and towel, oil and gas, petroleum refining, chemical processing, mining, biorefining, power, municipal, and pool and spa markets. The company's product portfolio includes a broad array of water treatment chemistries, process aids and functional additives, as well as state-of-the-art monitoring and control systems. These technologies are used by customers to improve operational efficiencies, enhance product quality, protect plant assets, minimize environmental impact and maintain healthy water. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, the company has 47 manufacturing facilities strategically located around the globe and employs a team of over 6,000 professionals in 120 countries across five continents. Solenis is a 2021 US Best Managed Company.
For additional information about Solenis, please visitwww.solenis.com or follow us on social media.
The technician will be responsible for analyzing customer and R&D samples for composition and process origin using various instrumental and wet chemical techniques in a mid to high volume laboratory. The focus will be on the use of several ICP instruments and sample preparation. Instrument maintenance and troubleshooting will be required.
Customer Analytical Services supports both the IWT and P&P business by running approximately 1500-2000 samples a month. This position is responsible for analysis of deposit and pulp samples.
- Hands-on experience with ICP Instrumentation, Agilent and Spectro Analytical familiarity a plus
- Hands on experience with manual and automated digestions
- Hands-on experience with metals in organic solvents a plus
- Reasoning ability to interpret a variety of instructions and flexibility to prioritize work activities to meet deadlines
- Motivated, proactive individual with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with individuals and team members at various levels.
- Must have ability to effectively handle changes in priorities.
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
- Familiarity with Labware LIMS V5/V6
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Education: Minimum of BA/BS in a science field or equivalent experience
At Solenis, we understand that our greatest asset is our people. That is why we offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and numerous opportunities for professional growth and development. So, if you are interested in working for a world-class company and enjoy solving complex challenges, whether in the lab or the field, consider joining our team.
For the protection of our employees, customers, and community, as a condition of employment, all new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and must provide proof of vaccination prior to starting employment with the company unless a valid exemption applies.
Solenis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including Minorities / Women/ Veterans / Disabled.
Solenis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Should you require assistance in applying to this opportunity, please reach out to Solenis Talent Acquisition at 1-888-756-2701.