at Rogers Corporation in Bear, Delaware, United States
This role is responsible for providing day-to-day engineering support for manufacturing operations, as well as implementing yield, process and product improvements.
- Maintain safety, product quality/yield and manufacturing effectiveness through daily troubleshooting and resolution of process difficulties, while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Optimize manufacturing processes to provide sustainable gains in cost effectiveness and product performance through capital projects, statistical analysis, designed experiments and procedural changes.
- Work with customers to resolve technical/quality issues and provide special products.
- Participate in cross-functional teams (manufacturing operations, R&D, marketing, etc.) to resolve problems and develop new products.
- Start-up new products and equipment (supervises installation, troubleshoots initial production, ensures new processes and products meet requirements, documents and transfers to production).
- Supervise engineering assistants, as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS degree in engineering or equivalent BS degree in other science
- 3-5 years' experience in process engineering
- Familiarity with MS Office software
- Familiarity with Minitab or other statistical software
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated leadership and problem-solving abilities
- Experience solving technical problems relating to mechanics, thermodynamics and/or materials characterization
- Experience in development and characterization of test methods
- Experience in project management
- Familiarity with ISO/IATF quality systems
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity