at Rogers Corporation in Bear, Delaware, United States
The Sr Process Engineer is responsible for providing day-to-day engineering support and improvements for the product manufacturing process.
- Maintains safety, product quality/yield, and manufacturing effectiveness through daily troubleshooting and resolution of process difficulties working in a cross-functional team environment
- Optimizes manufacturing processes to provide sustainable gains in cost effectiveness and product performance through capital projects, statistical analysis, designed experiments, and procedural changes
- Works with customers to resolve technical/quality issues and provide special products
- Participates in multi-functional teams (industrial staff, R&D, Marketing, etc.) to resolve problems and develop new products. Leads where appropriate
- Starts-up new products and equipment and supervises installation, troubleshoots initial production, ensures new processes and products meet requirements, documents and transfers to production
- Supervises engineering assistants and industrial staff, as needed. Sr. Engineers may supervise Engineering Technicians and/or entry level engineers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS Chemical Engineering or equivalent BS degree in other science
- 5 or more years' demonstrated professional level engineering experience with manufacturing improvement processes
- Demonstrated history of successful project management
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-starter with strong leadership and demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Six Sigma Greenbelt of Blackbelt certification
- Experience managing technical professionals
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of application development and quality systems tools including SPC, FMEA, Process Flow Charting, and ISO/TS-16949 quality systems
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity