at ShopRite in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Hiring at all Shoprite Locations - Concord Pike, Wilmington, Newport, Bear & Newark.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Front-End operation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards, and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy, including uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling unpackaged foods.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Understand operation of cash register and follow all cash handling procedures.
- Accurately identify and scan product under correct department (when necessary).
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs. and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Check prices, and be knowledgeable about location of items in store.
- Accurately and quickly collect proper payment and provide proper change.
- Process all forms of payments (i.e., cash, credit, checks, EBT, WIC, Rain checks, coupons, vouchers, gift cards, etc) in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
- Properly bag customer’s orders safely and efficiently.
- Handle damaged or return-to-stock products according to Company policy, with priority attention given to refrigerated, perishable items, and sell by date.
- Recognize and be knowledgeable about various types of products carried in the store, including produce items.
- Stand at register station for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Front-End operations.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo’s, power jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.