at Kelly Services in Newark, Delaware, United States
Kelly has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. We are proud to offer a temporary position with a new client that is seeking a Genetic Toxicology Associate Scientist in Newark, DE . If interested/available, please reach out to Bryan Heffley directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay Rate: Based on experience
Shift: 700am – 330pm (Flexible start time)
Location: Newark, DE
The candidate will be a member of the Genetic and Molecular Toxicology group in a GLP-compliant facility and responsible for conducting genetic toxicology studies following guidelines/protocols/Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)s.
• Conducting cell culture and bacterial based in vitro genetic toxicology assays in accordance with study protocols and SOPs.
• Microscopy (fluorescent and brightfield)
• Maintenance of study records.
• Study data input and quality control checking.
• Clear communication of study results to the study director.
• Clear communication of any issues that arise to the study director or appropriate personnel.
• GLP documentation.
• Laboratory and equipment maintenance.
• SOP preparation.
The ideal candidate would have:
• Strong scientific background and critical thinking skills.
• Hands on experience in the fields of in vitro and in vivo genetic toxicology studies.
• Demonstrated teamwork abilities to manage and coordinate multiple projects and chemistries in a timely and effective manner.
• Strong written and oral communication skills that allow dissemination of complex technical issues in a clear, concise manner.
• Experience with preparing and reviewing technical documents including lab standard operating procedures, study protocols, and reports.
• The ability to design non-GLP and GLP toxicology studies for discovery screens and regulatory submissions.
• The ability to work independently and with colleagues from cross-functional disciplines.
• Keen interest in working in a dynamic, exciting industry and applying scientific information for protection of human health.
• B.S. degree in biology or related science field with 2 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to learn other software/validated systems
• Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, an attention to detail, and commitment to quality.
• Effective time management skills: ability to work safely under specific time constraints, prioritize workload, and use time productively.
• Must be able to work well independently and in a team setting.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)