at PPD in Nuremberg, United States
PPD’s mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to find a cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
Our Project Delivery team directs, coordinates and manages the technical and operational aspects of projects, securing the successful completion of clinical trials. We collaborate with functional area leads to identify and evaluate fundamental issues on the project and ensure that solutions are implemented.
We are seeking a new*(Senior) Director (Oversight) in our Neuroscience Team*in the*EMEA region*with a focus on*Neurodegenerative Diseases (inc Alzheimer’s, Dementia).*
The Director, Project Management works effectively across multiple divisions to direct the delivery of projects/programs within cost, time and quality requirements. He/she may provide direct supervision, support, training and mentoring to project managers and work with leadership in all functional areas on the continuous development/improvement of business processes to support cross functional teams and to ensure that work is uniform, complete and managed appropriately.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and well being of our employees.
*Summarized Purpose: *
Works effectively across multiple divisions to direct the delivery of projects/programs within cost, time and quality requirements. May provide direct supervision, support, training and mentoring to project managers. Works with leadership in all functional areas on the continuous development/improvement of business processes to support cross functional teams and to ensure that work is uniform, complete and managed appropriately. Serves as a liaison with Business Development and Bids/Contracts for the client presentations and proposal development. Assists in resource utilization, policy development, and implementation of goals.
This position may be responsible for directing and leading the activities of a therapeutic area within a Region and accountable for the P&L of a specific therapeutic area. Develops and drives the specific and overall therapeutic area strategies to ensure optimum performance and achievement of annual plans and targets. Has overall responsibility for instigating and leading change initiatives within the therapeutic area and works with peers of Therapeutic areas in the overall leadership of the Project Management group.
- Ensures the timely execution of clinical trials with a focus on quality deliverables. Facilitates hand-off meetings and kick-off meetings to identify potential risks and work with the project team to develop and communicate contingency plans. Ensures project risks and potential contingencies impacting time/quality/cost of deliverables are discussed with Senior Management through appropriate escalation pathways. Reviews and assesses project profitability through the identification of “out of scope” activity in a timely manner and supporting follow through on all aspects of contract modification.
- Manages the overall budgeting activity of the groups – annual and long range forecast.
- Accountable for the line management of project managers and senior project managers. Effectively recruits, inducts and retains staff. Provides ongoing coaching and feedback including formal performance appraisals, development plans and career coaching. Responsible for proposing salary and bonus recommendations and supporting recommendations with appropriate documentation.
- Communicates with sponsor(s) regularly to obtain direction and feedback on implementing scope of work as well as performance to date. Identifies unusual or significant problems encountered during the course of a clinical trial and proposes strategies for preventing or correcting significant problems.
- Assists in business development activities to obtain additional contracts by writing and reviewing proposals, making presentations to potential clients and representing the location/division at appropriate professional meetings and conferences. Fosters client relationships and supervise strategic sell initiative of the division.
*Education and Experience: *
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 12 years) or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, & experience.
- 5 years of management responsibility
- Strong leadership skills
/Years of experience refers to typical years of related experience needed to gain the required knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. Years of experience are not to be used as the only determining factor in establishing the job class or making employment selection decisions. /
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem solving ability.
- Effective organizational skills and negotiation skills.
- Expert knowledge of project management principles and application.
- Knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and resource management.
- A relationship builder who is able to work effectively in matrix organizations.
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and Directives.
- Skilled in process improvement, especially as it applies to clinical trials, clinical development and project management.
- Knowledge of medical therapeutic area and medical terminology.
- Strong marketing skills
- IT skills.
At PPD Clinical Research Services we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
Our 4i values
Integrity – Innovation – Intensity – Involvement
If you resonate with our 4i values above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application online – we’d love to hear from you.
Job: Project Management
Organization: GB BU
Title: *(Senior) Director, Project Management – Neuroscience (Alzheimer’s/Dementia) *
Location: GB-GB-Cambridge-Cambridge GB Granta Park1
Requisition ID: 188020
Other Locations: *DE-DE-Munich-Munchen DE Hansastrasse, IE-IE-Dublin, RO-RO-Bucharest-Bucharest RO West Gate Park, CZ-CZ-Praha 4-Praha 4 CZ Budejovicka alej, BE-BE-Brussels-Brussels BE St Stevens Woluwe, RU-Russia, IL-IL-Tel Aviv-Tel Aviv IL HaBarzel St, BG-BG-Sofia-Sofia 115G Tsarigradsko Shosse, GR-GR-Athens-Athens GR Marousi, NL-NL-Bennekom-Bennekom NL Bornweg 12c, GB-GB-Winchester-Winchester GB 1-2 Crown Walk, DE-DE-Nuremberg-Nuremberg DE Sulzbacher Str.48, ES-ES-Madrid-Madrid ES – Tit