at Incyte Corporation in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Incyte is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel medicines to meet serious unmet medical needs in oncology and inflammation and autoimmunity. Incyte is committed to the rigorous pursuit of research and development excellence to improve the lives of patients, make a difference in health care, and build sustainable value.
The Company strives to discover and develop first-in-class and best-in-class medicines-advancing a diverse portfolio of large and small molecules.
Job Summary (Primary function)
This position serves as a key member of the business development transactions team, reporting to the Vice President, Business Development. This role will lead the development of opportunity analyses, summary presentations, forecast and valuation models and assist with other aspects related to BD&L activities, including contract negotiations. The position will also be responsible for presenting analyses to internal team members and senior management team members.
Essential Functions of the Job (Key responsibilities)
* Conduct primary and secondary research to develop comprehensive market assessments and competitive analyses
* Create detailed revenue forecasts and net present valuation models
* Analyze and summarize comparable deals in the pharmaceutical industry
* Summarize all analyses in comprehensive opportunity analysis presentations
* Work with internal functional teams to create comprehensive presentations that summarize out-licensing opportunities and assist in creating due diligence data rooms
* Provide input in determining and assessing potential deal structures and financial consideration
* Assist and lead certain activities related to the negotiation of term sheets and finalization of definitive agreements
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency)
* Advanced science degree (M.S., R.Ph., Pharm.D., M.D., Ph.D.) and MBA or equivalent
* 5-10 years of related finance, consulting, or industry experience in pharma/biotech with a record of accomplishment in business development, preferably with experience in oncology
* Expertise building detailed valuation models and presentations that incorporate all research findings and recommendations and experience with term sheet and contract negotiations
* Candidates with a strong analytical background, demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention to detail coupled with a solid understanding of pharmacology will be preferred
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Incyte Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We Respect Your Privacy
Learn more at:
The Incyte hiring organization processes your personal data to manage your job application in order to enter into an employment relationship with you if you are the successful candidate.
During the process, you may be asked to respond to questions that will screen out your application if you do not meet certain objective criteria required by the job. You can learn more about this process .
You may have the right to access, delete, restrict, edit, move, or object to the use of your personal data. You may also have a right to report concerns to the authority responsible for data privacy in the country where the position is based or where you live or work.
You can learn more about Incyte's data protection practices . By accessing this link you can learn about the types of personal data we collect, how we use it, whether collection and processing is optional, sources of the personal data we process, how it is shared, where it is stored or transferred to, how long we keep it, and contact information for Incyte, Incyte's data protection officer, and your supervisory authority (if applicable).
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns or would like to exercise your rights.
We appreciate, celebrate, and thrive on one another’s differences and strengths and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. By valuing diversity of backgrounds and perspectives and prohibiting all forms of harassment, we are able to promote a collaborative and innovative work environment in which everybody can contribute to their fullest potential.