at City of Dover in Dover, Delaware, United States
The Sanitation Division of the Public Works Department is seeking a team player for the position of Motor Equipment Operator I. The primary duty of this position is to perform labor in support of City operations within the Sanitation Division, which involves a variety of semi-skilled tasks associated with the collection and transportation of municipal solid waste.
- Operate motor equipment to transport materials, tools, equipment, or personnel to job sites, or pick up debris from job sites.
- Operate equipment such as trash/refuse pick up, snow removal, or other specialized operations
- Complete job-related logs and forms
- Overtime is required as needed
- Ability to perform medium to heavy work lifting up to 75 pounds on a frequent basis