at Ashland, LLC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionAshland Specialty Ingredients, GP
Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then wed like to meet you and bet youd like to meet us.
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for aStaff Scientist -Size Exclusion Chromatographer to join our Measurement Science Team in GlobalR&D at our Wilmington, DE research center. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and theR&D function. This position will report toGroup Leader/Principal Scientist.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required, subject to a reasonable accommodation required by law and as applicable.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide rigorous technical expertise regarding the design and implementation of methods for the characterization of polymeric materials
- Design, initiate and execute the characterization of polymeric materials by Size Exclusion Chromatography/Gel Permeation Chromatography (SEC/GPC).
- Compile, analyze, and interpret data. Develop structure/property/performance relationships.
- Present results to internal and external audiences
- Manage multiple projects, estimate timelines and resources, and coordinate efforts to meet timelines.
- Work closely with other R&D sites and technical support teams to solve challenging technical problems for customers.
- Maintain lab notebooks and logbooks in accordance with company guidelines.
- Comply with company procedural guidelines, laboratory procedures, and safety programs.
In order to be qualified for this role, the desired skills and experiences are:
- Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Physics or Chemical Engineering, or MS degree with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Thorough understanding of polymer molecular weight determinations, separation science as applied to polymeric materials, working knowledge of light scattering and colligative property measurements.
- Fundamental understanding of polymer physical chemistry.
- Fundamental understanding of polymer solution thermodynamics and statistical mechanics.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
In more than 100 countries, the people of Ashland LLC. (NYSE: ASH) provide the specialty chemicals, technologies and insights to help customers create new and improved products for today and sustainable solutions for tomorrow. Our chemistry is at work every day in a wide variety of markets and applications, including architectural coatings, automo
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity