at VF Corporation in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, United States
The Sales Associate is the face of the brand and is directly responsible for creating a best-in-class customer experience that aligns with our brand purpose and values. Sales Associates will actively engage with a diverse group of consumers using their product, brand, and community knowledge to ensure that each customer has a memorable and positive experience. You will ensure that customer engagement is your top priority while assisting in the daily visual and operational maintenance of the store.
Position: Sales Associate
Reports to: Management Team
Roles and Responsibilities
Be a part of our purpose led, performance driven brand to “step outside, work together and make it better” by using purposeful actions first and collaborate with others to create positive change.
- Sells merchandise with superior customer service.
· Protects merchandise with superior customer service.
· Accuracy and efficiency in point-of-sale interactions. Passion
· Promotes Timberland brand, brand purpose, and lives Timberland brand values
· Friendly, Energetic, Genuine and Personable in all interactions.
· Accountable for all Key Performance Indicators.
· Adheres to schedules that meet the needs of the business
· Visual Merchandising – Windows, tables and graphics are all based on Timberland standards and current directives.
· Adheres to dress code policy with highest brand standards.
· Housekeeping – keeping the store clean and neat at all times.
· Shrink Awareness – demonstrate a high degree of security consciousness to protect Timberland’s assets while at the same time not being exposed to danger.
· Participates in all incoming and outgoing processing of inventory.
· Assist in growing customer communication and database by informing customers of email address and phone capture, consumer survey and mailing list collateral.
Timberland, a VF Company
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand based in Stratham, New Hampshire, with international headquarters in Switzerland and Hong Kong. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Timberland is a VF Corporation brand. VF is one of the world’s leading apparel, footwear, and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, and a commitment to deliver innovative products and create long-term value for its employees, customers, and shareholders.
Free To Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness, and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Our Core Values:• Humanity• Integrity• Betterment
By joining Timberland, you will serve as a purpose led, performance driven, brand ambassador. You will build productive relationships by providing products to “adventurous doers” allowing them to “step outside and move the world forward.” You will also have the opportunity, tools, and environment to more explore the world around you and make meaningful, lasting connections.
How You Will Make A Difference• Sales’ Demonstrates a customer first mindset by modeling selling behaviors with a passion for the brand, customer, and the production. Delivers results in their role that contribute to the stores success. Aware of and accountable to store and individual sales goals.
Brand Experience/Customer Service: Exemplifies an optimistic and energetic presence through team collaboration while building strong relationships with customers to maximize customer loyalty. Provide exceptional service while educating customers on our product, our Brand Purpose and community service involvement. As a sales associate, you are the number one brand ambassador.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with the store team to achieve store objectives and sales results. Maintains a positive attitude and is flexible to the changing needs of the customer and the business.
Visual Merchandising: Ensures product is always available to the customer and represented in a compelling way that is consistent with visual guidelines. Ensures the store is consistently recovered and customer ready each day meeting brand standards on the sales floor and in the stockroom areas. Keeps sales floor full, neat, and clean.
Loss Prevention, Safety, and Compliance: Adheres to policies and procedures, standards and practices, and company directives. Protects company assets Complies with company safety, security, and shrink avoidance policies and programs. Reports all concerns to management.
Professional Conduct: Models behavior that respects the background, experience, and cultural differences of others, while upholding the integrity and values of the VF Corporation and the brand. Promotes an environment that encourages participation, creativity, and learning by sharing best practices and building on the ideas of others.
What You Bring:
- Previous retail or service-oriented experience preferred but not required
- Ability to work with a team to exceed sales results
- Ability to meet business goals by meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Regularly interacts with the public
- Engaging verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to meet performance expectations
- Ability to deliver a high level of customer service in a retail environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; will require weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Operate office equipment and technology (i.e., computers, tablets, phones, copier, etc.)
- Standing required for entire work shift
- Bend, lift, open and move product up to 50 pounds as needed• Use ladders for visual merchandising, light adjustments, and window banner placement
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities, and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
While our VF company and brands are diverse, we work together within a One VF culture to capitalize on our greatest opportunities for long-term performance. Across our company, a collaborative, global mindset differentiates our products and the unique experiences we provide to our consumers. It all adds up to a lasting competitive advantage built on harnessing the power of our differences to achieve great things together, all while positively impacting the lives of hundreds of millions of people and the world.
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all our associates, customers, suppliers, and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.
We just have one qu