at (OMB) Office of Mang. and Budget State of Delaware in Dover, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionSummary Statement
This position supports PHRST Director and will be responsible for managing on-going business operations at PHRST. As required, will be interim leader based on PHRST Director availability. The Deputy Director will provide functional expertise involving system configuration in the State of Delaware’s ERP HCM applications (Payroll, Benefits, Human resources and Time and Labor). ERP applications include Oracle/PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (PHRST), eSTAR (Time and Attendance) and the functionality used by both, including the integration and information provided to other state applications and vendors.
The Deputy Director possesses extensive knowledge of the PeopleSoft application and will apply expertise in a variety of critical areas such as payroll, human resources, benefits, and time administration to support state policy changes/discussions.
This position will oversee risk management programs involving quality review and audit of workflow process to ensure procedures are in place to minimize potential gaps in operational performance.
This position prioritizes work efforts and manages the deadlines for completion of tasks. This position participates in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives that include implementation of new applications, systems, and programs. Also serves as project manager and is responsible for the execution of project schedules and resource management. Additional responsibilities include personnel and performance management of HRIS Managers.
This position serves as a liaison between PHRST Director and central agencies such as Delaware Technology and Information (DTI), First State Financials (FSF), Office of Pensions, the Office of the State Treasurer, Schools and Higher Education. This includes providing expertise on PHRST system integration and impact analysis with respect to new business requirements.Essential Functions
The Deputy Director's provides administrative oversight of PHRST’ operational units. Key duties include the participation in the development of strategic initiatives and implementation of applicable policies and internal programs to manage risk. This position will serve as liaison between PHRST functional team and ERP technical group to maximize alignment with work tasks and coordination of the timing of changes being implemented.The position performs a variety of customer facing activities:
- Responsible for monitoring Service Level Agreements (SLA) and resolution of escalated customer service issues.
- Facilitation of meetings with external customers and central agencies.
- Allocation of resources to meet external customer requests.
- Review and validation of external customer requirements and customer sign off.
- Collaborate with external customers to identify solutions to meet business requirements.
This position will monitor progress on payroll compliance directives and legislation policy changes requiring configuration in PHRST to ensure tasks are completed on schedule and requirements are met. Develop metrics to measure results and communicate progress on PHRST business objectives through weekly report.
- Mentors and provides functional guidance and assistance to PHRST team members.
- Identify areas of training; plan, develop, coordinate, and implement staff training programs on regulations, procedures, and systems.
- Ensures adherence to all applicable DHR applicable merit rules, regulations and guidance and affords employees with appropriate guidance as necessary.
- Monitor customer satisfaction by understanding and soliciting feedback on customer needs and recommend operational enhancements.
The Deputy Director will provide support of PHRST functional testing and quality control activities. This will include evaluation of PHRST cross-functional integration activities:
- Identifies and tracks issues, risks and action items affecting individual performance and work of overall team.
- Identifies, initiates, and implements continuous improvement opportunities in PHRST.
- Understands specific business needs and overall strategy of the customer.
- Coordinates and conducts meetings within PHRST operational groups for process definition, issue and root cause identification, options for solution, transition, and hand-off.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware Executive Branch participates in the Federal E-Verify system where the State will provide the federal government with each new hires Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our job seeker resources.Benefits
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/