at WSFS Bank
WSFS Bank is currently seeking a Compliance Officer. The Compliance Officer is part of the Bank’s Corporate Compliance team within the second line of defense. The Incumbent is primarily responsible for performing operational support duties to help ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the regulatory change, complaints management, and issues management functions. These functions are key components of the Bank’s enterprise-wide Compliance Management System (CMS). The Compliance Officer will assist in researching regulatory changes to determine applicability, help coordinate with relevant lines of business (LOB) to confirm impact and ensure appropriate and timely actions are taken by the LOB to successfully implement the changes. The Incumbent will help perform secondary reviews of complaints for potential compliance concerns and will assist in conducting monthly regulatory complaint reviews to identify any emerging trends/concerns that warrant further evaluation. The Compliance Officer will help ensure identified issues are logged, properly evaluated for root cause, and sufficient corrective action plans are documented by the LOB and executed in a timely manner. The Incumbent will contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of policies and procedures related to regulatory change, complaints management, and issues management, as appropriate. The Compliance Officer will also contribute to the CMS governance process by helping in the preparation of periodic internal reporting.
This position is a 40 hour weekly position located at Bank Center in Wilmington, DE or Bank Place in Philadelphia, PA.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of compliance, audit, and/or operations experience in a financial institution, preferably banking.
- Professional accreditation such as a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Risk Professional (CRP), and/or Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP) is preferred.
- Must have strong knowledge of banking products and services, related federal and state laws and regulations, and industry best practices.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret rule changes, regulatory guidance, and technical procedures.
- Ability to work with and communicate with Associates and management in all departments across the Bank.
- Proficient verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions.
- Prior exposure to Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) software is a plus. Must be proficient using Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Teams, Excel).
How do you get to be nearly 200 years old in a world that's constantly changing? For us, the answer has always been the same: create a team of Associates who are passionate about serving the community, and success will follow. Our Mission and Values serve as essential reminders about who we are and how we do business. WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.