at Christiana Care Health System in Newark, Delaware, United States
The ChristianaCare Medical Laboratory Department is recruiting for a Medical Laboratory Scientist to work full time, evening shift, in Molecular Diagnostics. Hours for the position are 12:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Weekends and holidays as required.
- Accurately perform all test procedures as listed in the procedure manual
- Perform and record all scheduled instrument preventative maintenance procedures
- Follow established quality control procedures, documenting corrective action if necessary
- Adhere to all turnaround times, document calls as necessary, and verify critical values and specimen identification
- Verify completion of all stat results and all routine results in a timely manner
- Record workload and other statistics into computer system as necessary
Bachelors of Science in Medical Technology or Medical Laboratory Science required
ASCP Certification preferred
Knowledge of clinical laboratory techniques and procedures
Knowledge of infection control techniques and procedures
Ability to coordinate simultaneous tests and procedures with accuracy
Skill in the use of automated laboratory equipment
UPDATE: ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and caregivers. As we continue to meet the needs of our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all caregivers.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.