at Chesapeake Utilities Corp. in Newark, Delaware, United States
Location: Newark, DE or Dover, DE, or Remote within any Chesapeake service territory
Chesapeake Utilities is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Application Analyst II. Successful candidates will have a technical background and deep understanding of business systems and process, be detail driven, and have excellent problem solving and communication skills.
The right candidate will possess a strong applications background, will have demonstrated experience leading technical projects, and be passionate.
- Act as an interface and liaison between the business units and Corporate IT.
- Works with business to anticipate future technology needed and be able to design technical solutions meeting those needs.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. Recommends improvements, documents requirements, defines scope and objectives, and deploys applications to align overall business strategies Devise or enhances procedures to solve complex problems.
- Research and identify Industry Best Practices.
- Manage application lifecycle activities for the business systems and applications
- Manage Releases and operating environments, coordinate, and adhere to quality standards for multiple projects and O&M activities
- Manage Batch Processes and integrations with internal systems and external 3rd party systems.
- Liaise with business leadership, functional leads to align system goals and strategy.
- Manage technical activities with internal and third party teams to meet expected service levels.
- Coordinate solutions to meet risk, compliance, information security, and privacy requirements.
- Own and manage major system incidents and events.
- Designs and maintains processes, procedures and support documentation
- Manages projects and ensures that project management, business analysis, and quality assurance processes are in place and practiced
- Removes roadblocks, cultivates relationships, and effectively communicates across Enterprise at various levels of leadership
- Candidates must have strong coordination skills to be part of the cross-functional team that ensures the delivery of a reliable and trustworthy system to its constituents.
- Regular interaction with Senior and Executive Management. Review IT projects and services, identify gaps and support resolution of gaps.