at Chemours in Newark, Delaware, United States
The Chemours Leveraged Analytical is seeking to engage an R&D Analytical Scientist to support advanced research experimentation in Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy. The position is based at the Chemours Discovery Hub in Newark, DE, within the Technology organization of the Advanced Performance Materials platform. The successful candidate will receive training in the execution of complex, often unique, NMR and EPR experiments that support structural determinations and studies of reaction kinetics while developing skills in advanced spectral interpretation. The successful candidate will receive functional guidance from senior members of the NMR team, and they will collaborate closely with the broader analytical team as well as with chemists and engineers throughout the Technology organization. This position reports to the Technology Manager of the Leveraged Analytical organization.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in experimental design and execution and suggest alternative approaches
- Process, review, and interpret experimental results and optimize methodologies
- Independently adapt new methodologies to current projects
- Generate analytical reports to meet R&D needs and product certification requirements
- Effectively communicate results to the R&D community
- Work independently and with cross-functional teams
- Independently formulate work plans and manage/prioritize daily workflow
- Act as a technical resource for the leveraged team
The following is /required/ for this role:
- BSc or MSc degree in Chemistry or closely related field
- (Equivalent experience will be considered for outstanding candidates)
- Ability to work safely with high-hazard materials and processes
- Ability to perform fine laboratory manipulations (eg, flame-sealing of quartz ampoules/tubes)
- Ability to communicate results clearly to colleagues in oral and written reports
- Ability to independently conduct and prioritize laboratory operations
The following is /preferred/ for this role:
- Experience or familiarity with NMR spectroscopy
- Experience or familiarity with NMR instrumentation (operation and maintenance)
- Experience with gas transfer/manipulation (eg, Schlenk or vacuum manifold operations)
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves-at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are-Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2019-2020-our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/