at CTG in Dover, Delaware, United States
Technical Support 3
3 days agoPost Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is seeking to fill aTechnical Support 3openingfor our client.
Duration: 6 months, with potential for extension
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of identifying and resolving issues over the phone, via email, or other communication methods as appropriate. The candidate should be able to demonstrate experience with general network troubleshooting, working within a Linux and Windows operating environment, log file analysis, application level debugging.
Working experience with a network management system such as Zabbix or any of Network Monitoring tool. Candidate must be familiar with Wi-Fi network architecture and demonstrate a proficiency with understanding, troubleshooting and resolving basic Wi-Fi connectivity issues from multiple clients such as laptops, tablets, phones, smart TV’s, game consoles, etc. Ideally, candidate has previous experience working in a highly available 24×7 production environment.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate the ability to follow documented instructions to troubleshoot specific issues related to our Service Provider Wi-Fi service.
Candidate must be able to document trouble ticket notes in a “knowledge base” manner, providing a detailed account of all information exchanges, steps taken, research used and final solution.
- Work on installations for Service delivery or trouble tickets for service assurance
- Provide tier 2 escalation support and successfully resolving customer issues, escalating to application engineers as necessary
- Responsible for troubleshooting/deploying end to end network, platform and also troubleshoot customer connectivity issues
- Ability to work independently
- Proactively monitor customer networks and respond to any critical alarms
- Escalate tickets to Telco vendors and following through to resolution
- Perform other duties or responsibilities as required
- Must be flexible, dependable and able to multi-task with priority
- Understanding of networking protocols ICMP, UDP and TCP/IP
- Must be familiar and able to communicate how to collect information from client devices, such as Windows, Apple and other networked devices LAN and WAN connectivity
- Solid understanding of how to troubleshoot network issues and configurations, such as WAN circuit, routing, IP connectivity, router and switch configuration, and DNS
- Knowledge of Firewalls and VPN connectivity
- Must be a Team Player
- Work shifts that provide for 8×8 coverage.
- Effective analytical, planning, organizational, and documentation skills
- Must be professional with both peers and customers
Top Required Skills:
- Looking for someone who is has network experience
- Complete understanding of Routing and Networking (activation, handling installations for customers) will install WiFi equipment on cloud platform
- Excellent logical troubleshooting skills
- NOC Center/Call Center Experience
- Proficient in ticket and order management
Preferred Skills and a PLUS:
- General WiFi experience
- Linux CLI commands
- Certification: CCNA or JNCIA
- Cisco certification
- 2+ years of Tech support/Customer service and preferably NOC experience
- Effective communication in English – both spoken and written communication
Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group is required.
CTG does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee based recruitment services for this role.
To be considered, please apply directly to this requisition using the link provided.For additional information, please contactLaura Dominguezat 888-284-6551 ext. 2114 or email email@example.com. Kindly forward to any other interested parties—thank you!
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients’ project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It’s a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
- Job Function: Computer Operations
- Education Level: Associate’s Degree/College Diploma (±13 years)
- Work Remote: Yes
- Travel: No