at WSFS Bank
WSFS Bank is currently seeking a Senior Trust Tax Officer to provide day-to-day oversight and support to the Trust Tax group. The incumbent is responsible for the tax compliance of personal and corporate trust accounts. The Senior Trust Tax Officer will provide accurate, professional, and confidential communication to administrators, other internal departments, and outside accountants/advisors when responding to requests or providing support.
The Senior Trust Tax Officer will primarily supervise and assist the tax process that updates and monitors trust account management, such as new account openings and closings, follow-up with exceptions, account updates, and asset update changes. The group more specifically works with 1041 filings, tax reporting filings such as 1099s, 1042s, FBAR, and analysis of W-8s. The incumbent will also oversee the remittance of tax payments and tax reporting to various tax authorities, including electronic filing systems such as EFTPS and FINCEN. Additional responsibilities include: preparing, reviewing, correcting, and inputting client tax information for tax systems, registers, and tax filings, overseeing the mailing of all tax filings, and reporting for the various business lines while tracking the status of the tax returns and other documentation with authorities.
This is a full time, 40 hour per week, Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm position, located at WSFS Institutional Services at 501 Carr Road, Wilmington, DE 19809
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business-related field
- 5 years of relevant accounting, tax, or legal experience
- Credentialed tax professional- EA, CPA or LLM
- Experience in trust tax form preparation and secondary review
- Ability to accurately access the tax compliance requirements per review of trust document/custody agreements
- Possess strong accounting, legal, and analytical skills, especially in fiduciary and estate tax rules and regulations.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with internal colleagues and external clients/advisors.
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- A background in foreign tax issues, such as FATCA, CRS, 3520s, 1042s, and FBARs. Preferred
- Knowledge of IRS filing systems, such as EFTPS and FINCEN. Preferred
- Familiarity with tax software (OneSource), trust accounting software (Trust 3000), and TranStar. Preferred
- Supervisory experience. Preferred
WSFS Bank is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the WSFS Bank Careers website or submission process, please contact us via email at careers@ wsfsbank.com.
How do you get to be nearly 200 years old in a world that's constantly changing? For us, the answer has always been the same: create a team of Associates who are passionate about serving the community, and success will follow. Our Mission and Values serve as essential reminders about who we are and how we do business. WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.