at Amazon.com Services Inc. in Middletown, Delaware, United States
Do you have a passion for helping US Government agencies implement innovative IT solutions? Do you have a knack for helping public sector customers to build a deep understanding of new cloud platforms and application architectures, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch and ramp cloud migration projects on a trajectory to success? Above all, do you want to lead a dynamic team of Cloud Solutions Architects bringing the latest cloud computing technologies to solve the difficult cost and agility problems for the government and the surrounding ecosystem of ISVs, systems integrators, and resellers?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a motivated, technology-minded Solutions Architect Manager to manage a team of Solutions Architects (SAs) supporting a sales and business development team that covers public sector in the US. Our team is looking for a hands-on leader with experience in building and managing high-performance teams to help accelerate our growing business.
On our Federal Systems Integrator team, you will provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership while working with a world class sales and business development team. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge with the AWS solution architect community and gain the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture.
* Lead solutions architecture teams in driving revenue and market share for AWS through technical engagements.
* Build and develop a robust team of Solutions Architects.
* Work with internal and external partners and OEMs to extend reach & drive adoption of AWS solutions.
* Ensure customer satisfaction.
* 10+ years of technical experience as a solutions architect, software/ systems engineer, or technical consultant
* 5+ years managing a technical team of solution architects, sales engineers or similar technical roles.
* Experience supporting US Government or Public Sector customers
* Demonstrated knowledge of cloud computing in either AWS, Azure or Google cloud.
* A technical background in engineering, computer science.
* A technical degree in engineering, computer science.
* Direct experience working with public sector accounts.
* Prior experience working at a systems integrator partner.
* Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
* Demonstrated organizational and presentation skills.
* Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
* Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.