at CTG in Dover, Delaware, United States
Nov 30, 2021Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Job Title:Software Engineer
Education Requirements: Associates Degree Pay Rate: Up to: $104.00/hour (based on experience)
This position provides designs, specifies information systems solutions and highly technical direction in the development of new or existing applications to solve basic to complex problems or enhancements. Serves as a principal application designer for major modifications effectively using analytical and technical skills and available technology and tools in the evaluation of client requirements and processes. Provides solutions that are technologically sound. May complete day-to-day support activities and special projects. Often directs and monitors the activities of less experienced personnel.
- Complete and oversee basic to complex systems analysis, design and development. Play a key role as an individual contributor on complex projects. Maintain an excellent functional understanding of the supported application(s).
- Direct and monitor less experienced resources and coordinate development tasks on small to large scope projects.
- Prepare and manage the technical component of project plans.
- Participate with other Development, operations and Technology staff in overall systems development direction from technical analysis to user acceptance testing.
Prepare and review test data and execute detailed test plans. Complete any required debugging.
- Evaluate and understand complex interrelationships and effects among programs, interfacing applications and platforms.
- Provide highly analytical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies to assist business units in meeting strategic objectives.
- Prepare thorough, clear technical and functional specifications and update systems documentation.
- Prepare charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems.
- Review documentation prepared by less experienced staff.
- Prepare and review assessments to include required tasks, estimated time frames and effort for any scope project.
- Maintain efficient operation and effectiveness of supported applications.
- Recommend new technology, policies or processes to benefit the organization and improve deficiencies. May lead or participate in technical evaluations of vendor software.
- Follow and promote use of development standards and procedures.
- Maintain a good understanding of the business being supported and its functions, processes, operations and strategic direction.
- May assist in developing expense and capital budgets.
- Understand and adhere to the Companys risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Companys Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Complete other related duties or projects as required, which may include playing a lead role in due diligence, cost/benefit analysis or business study activities.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- The position works under supervision of the Technology Team Lead.
- The jobholder is competent to work independently on all high level systems analysis and technical phases of development.
- The position is capable of managing the activities of others on a project basis for small to large scope efforts and may lead project activities.
- The jobholder monitors staff performance on assigned projects relative to their overall abilities and effectiveness in completing projects within schedules.
- The position interacts with senior management, other technology personnel, clients and vendors.
- The jobholder provides backup to higher management as required and may be called on to serve as a technical representative on committees, ad-hoc projects, etc.
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree and 6 years systems analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 8 years higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 6 years systems analysis/application development experience
- Must have 5+ years of .Net, C# development experience, Angular development experience would be a plus.
- Familiar with application development software and hardware platforms
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent project management, word processing and spreadsheet software
- Capable of working on multiple projects of a complex nature
- Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with prior experience presenting to the target audience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong lateral thinking skills
- Experience coordinating between Applications and business units
- Experience recommending and implementing system solutions
- Experience driving project milestones and delivery dates
- Proven mentoring and leadership capabilities from a project management perspective
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Good understanding of the Banks application framework
- Subject matter expert in business with knowledge or experience utilizing application/system being supported
- Mastered understanding of applications supported with an advanced knowledge of interfacing/integrated applications
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously
- Ability to multitask for various components of complex projects
- Mastered knowledge and focus of the entire system to work on projects outside of normal business-as-usual (BAU)
- No third party resumes will be accepted
- CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
- All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
- CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website or email your Word version resume and salary expectations to email@example.com
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. Its a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of indi