at UniSite Design, Inc in Denton, Maryland, United States
UniSite Design, Inc. is a manufacturer and designer of high-quality commercial grade site furnishings. We take great pride in designing and manufacturing Victor Stanley, Inc. products which comprise one of the finest collections of site and street furnishings (litter receptacles, benches, tables & chairs, picnic tables, ash urns, planters, tree guards, seats, bike racks & bollards) in the world. Carefully integrated designs and innovative use of materials and technology embody our commitment to produce durable, strong, functional, attractive and comfortable site furniture.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising, planning, and implementing all maintenance activities in the plant to maximize production while adhering to safety practices and environmental requirements. Through troubleshooting and preventative maintenance programs, the Maintenance Supervisor must ensure manufacturing equipment and the building are in good operating condition. The supervisor is responsible for supervising employees and developing their team. Additionally, the supervisor is responsible for Facility Maintenance, the Machine Shop and General Maintenance.
- Lead, supervise, evaluate, and coach personnel to maximize efficiency and quality of the work performed
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the Maintenance Department to ensure the maintenance schedule is followed
- Ensure proper operation of all aspects in and around the factory to create a safe environment including health and safety, fire safety, physical security, maintenance systems, operational, commercial property management, and business continuity planning
- Effectively communicate company and department goals, achievements, problems, solutions, practices, changes; Enforce all company policies, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain high ethical standards and integrity; Conduct all operations in a professional and businesslike manner
- Confer with production supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
- Develop and recommend improvements of facilities, equipment, or procedures to improve safety, quality, and efficiency
- Accomplish maintenance staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities
- Complete maintenance plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems
- Maintain equipment related to machining, welding, automation, metal working, metal finishing, powdercoating, and woodworking
- Review equipment operations to ensure reliability
- Direct preventative maintenance initiatives
- Possess basic knowledge and practical application experience in electrical, electronics, and welding
- Properly manage and control spare parts inventory to eliminate prolonged downtime and excessive costs
- Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or equivalent required. AA Degree/Technical Certificate desired.
At least 5-7 years Supervisory experience.
*UniSite Design, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply online or in person:
1105 Park Lane
Denton MD 21629