in New Castle County, DE
Please apply through our website (www.qps.com)
Principal responsibilities of an Staff Scientist in QPS’ DMPK in vivo department may include: working under the direction of a Principal Investigator to perform wet lab experiments; sample preparation by various extraction methods; and analysis of drug and metabolites in biological samples to support preclinical drug discovery and metabolism programs. As a senior analyst, should be able to plan a study, organize notebooks and review and comment on project-related sections of draft reports.
- Independently perform animal dosing, biological sample collections, sample analysis, and sample storage for studies (PK, mass balance, whole-body (WBA) and micro autoradiography.
- Organize experimental data, perform data processing and draw conclusions.
- Perform data analysis and maintain study records.
- Evaluate significance of data and report findings.
- Assess the quality and integrity of the data generated by instruments such as mass spectrometers, liquid scintillation counters, etc.
- Communicate with PI/senior staff regarding study events and results.
- Perform routine lab operations, such as sample extraction, preparing reagents, pipette, weigh, monitor, record and replenish supplies, in a neat/clean manner.
- Document results and accurately record observations in accordance with GLPs and SOPs.
- Assist in summarizing data, including verification/QC review of study data, notebooks, and study reports.
- Demonstrated proficiency at operating relevant laboratory equipment, such as automatic sample preparation and liquid handling system
- Familiarity with majority of wet lab instruments/equipment.Familiarity with LIMS and databases.
- Proficient in all extraction techniques.
- Working knowledge of GLPs and other regulatory and safety standards.
- Bachelor’s level or Master’s level degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacology or related science with 2 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Associate’s level degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacology or related science with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.