at Weis Market Inc in Lewes, Delaware, United States
Our meat associates assist the customer by weighing, wrapping, and stocking the meat cases with fresh high quality meat products such as beef , poultry, and pork.
- Follow company guidelines for providing quality customer service by greeting customers with a smile, offering assistance, suggesting alternatives when necessary and thanking them for shopping. Always maintain a positive and friendly attitude. Answer customer questions.
- Ensure fresh quality merchandise by rotating stock, using proper product handling procedures, and controlling damages according to company procedures and standards.
- Receive and unload incoming merchandise. Unpack boxes and crates of merchandise, weigh and label packages of meat, and stock display areas with new merchandise. Ensures that product has been properly priced with correct signage. Assist with ordering and handling special requests from time to time. Responsible for maintaining conditions of the sales floor, cooler, prep area, and backroom to company standards.
- Must be familiar with and have knowledge of meat merchandise such as beef and pork cuts, poultry, and processed meat items. Generate sales by suggestive selling.
- Follow company, state, and federal regulations for proper food handling and complete required product logs. Adhere to safety guidelines while utilizing equipment and utensils.
- Ensure smooth workflow within department by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Strive to continuously improve job performance.
- Follow sanitation guidelines to maintain department conditions. Ensure compliance with health regulations, weights requirements, and measures and labeling laws according to company, state, federal and OSHA regulations. Dispose of trash properly.
- Complete other job duties as requested by management.