at Chemours in Newark, Delaware, United States
Chemours is seeking a Technical Service and Application Development Scientist to join our growing Fluoropolymers team! This position will report directly to the Global Technology Manager at our Newark, Delaware location.
We are seeking a Technical Services Scientist to support our Teflon™ Fluoropolymer PTFE technical service and application development laboratories.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical expertise in resin extrusion and dispersion processing, safe use and handling, and resolution of complex problems.
- Act as a technical resource to sales professionals, distributors, customers and other internal/external partners.
- Assist the organization with environmental and regulatory product issues, product improvements, competitive positioning of existing product offerings and new business product developments.
- Contribute technical expertise along with knowledge of quality systems to design and carry out product testing to evaluate properties and performance.
- Conduct studies focused on applying existing or modified versions of Chemours Fluoropolymer products to new applications and markets.
The following is /required/ for this role:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical engineering, Chemical engineering, Polymer science or Chemistry and a minimum of 5 years experience working with fluoropolymers with a strong mechanical aptitude and analytical testing experience.
- Ability to interact directly with customers, leadership and technical staff, to answer questions/solve problems. Strong ‘Customer Focus’ attitude with excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills. Domestic and some international travel up to 20%.
- Demonstrated skills to assess product performance, diagnose, troubleshoot, optimize processing parameters and resolve customer issues. Ability to analyze data independently, draw statistically based conclusions and determine next steps. Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills are required.
- Ability to design, carry out and keep accurate records of experimental trials, customer interactions and opportunity pipeline, technical and product data sheets, etc.; protect proprietary information and intellectual property.
The following is /preferred/ for this role:
- 5 years experience working with fluoropolymer processing, fluoropolymer extrusion, physical property measurements and rheology.
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves-at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are-Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2019-2020-our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account