at Sallie Mae in Newark, Delaware, United States
Director, Credit Card Marketing
Newark – Continental, DE
Who we are:
Sallie Mae is proud to help Americans aspiring to create the life they imagine-whether that means helping them make college happen, or other endeavors they pursue to invest in their future. Our colleagues across departments and across the country are united in our passion and our customer-first approach. Whether you want to join a growing company, be part of an agile workforce, or gain new skills-you’re in the right place.
What You’ll Contribute
In this Director of Credit Card Marketing role, you are responsible and accountable for driving growth for the Sallie Mae credit card portfolio. You will lead credit card marketing and will define the overall strategy and roadmap for acquisition, develop and implement integrated test plans across consumer touchpoints, collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization to gain buy-in, and work cross-functionally to execute marketing campaigns.
This is a highly visible role, which offers significant opportunity for innovation, creativity, and leadership. You must be a data-driven strategic thought leader, a motivated self-starter, an effective communicator, and have excellent relationship-building skills, with a passion for driving acquisition and engagement to meet business goals.
What You’ll Do
% of Time Spent
• Credit Card Portfolio Growth
· Develops acquisition and engagement strategies to support credit card portfolio growth.
· Constructs data-driven strategic marketing plans and translate them into actionable marketing that produces measurable results.
· Identifies new and innovative opportunities to expand marketing to optimize response and return on investment.
· Partners with analytic team to leverage data to segment consumers and develop audience targeting strategies, and use data to drive marketing decisions.
· Designs and implements strategies to improve activation and engagement to stimulate spend and usage.
· Leads and manages the development of credit card messaging and creative in partnership with internal/external agency partners, and see through to production.
· Understands competitive landscape and its impacts to the business.
• Performance and Investment Management
· Translates analysis and performance reporting into business decisions.
· Analyzes and reports on marketing campaigns, developing recommendations to improve performance against defined KPIs, financial hurdles and efficiency metrics.
· Leads management of marketing investment across channels.
• Risk management
· Acts as the first line of defense for accuracy of marketing campaigns and collateral.
· Ensures team is maintaining all required and relevant documentation as it relates to the compliance of marketing activities.
· Develops (as needed) policy and procedure documentation.
• Personnel Management
· Manages, recruits, teaches, and trains professional staff with enough knowledge, skills, and experience to meet the needs of department.
· Monitors performance of staff and provide feedback on a regular basis.
· Provides cross-training opportunities for team members to broaden scope skillset.
What You Have
Minimum: Indicate minimum education, skills and experience required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Administration or other related area, or equivalent experience.
• 8+ years of credit card marketing experience (within last 12 months) across acquisition and existing customer marketing
• Experience in working in a multi-channel consumer products company with a demonstrated record of superior business and personal performance.
• Experience developing and leading integrated marketing campaigns that span digital and non-digital consumer touchpoints.
• Demonstrated experience managing a significant marketing budget that spans across multiple marketing channels.
• Proven track record of leveraging data and analytics to influence decisions and drive growth.
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively and work successfully in an ambiguous environment.
• Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills suitable for all levels of management.
• Proficiency in developing and presenting strategic plans and results to management teams.
• Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with peers, leaders, and business partners.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills (attention to detail, project management, handling multiple priorities, managing tight timelines).
• Proficient user of all Microsoft applications such as PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
Preferred: Indicate “nice to haves” regarding education, skills, and experience.
• Experience working in an Agile environment for business and IT planning
What You’ll Get at Sallie Mae:
+ Comprehensive Compensation and Healthcare Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision plans)
+ Financial Well-being : 401(k) company match, employee stock purchase plan, and basic life insurance and short-term disability are provided to employees at no cost
+ Work/Life Balance : Paid time off, time off to volunteer, and tuition reimbursement. In addition, after 6 months of employment, primary caregivers receive 12 weeks of 100% fully paid time off and secondary caregivers are eligible for 4 weeks of 100% fully paid time off, for birth or adoption
+ Wellness : Fitness centers/gym subsidies, free Fitbits with step challenges, and wellness education
Sallie Mae is proud to be an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity, disability, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. EEO is the Law Supplement. Click here to view the U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account