in County, DE
Manages the nightly quality assurance activities and food safety programs on the second shift at the Milford plant. Directly supervises QA Laboratories and oversees the QC Technicians.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: TEAMWORK An integral member of plant management team. Provide leadership to Quality Control Technicians. LEADS INNOVATION Encourages innovation/change, stays up to date with policy/procedure changes and improvements.
ENERGIZE AND DEVELOP PEOPLE Motivate people and assist with their development within the organization, collaborate with other departments to achieve goals. DELIVER RESULTS – make timely high-quality decisions
QUALITY ASSURANCE ACTIVITIES
- Supervise nightly instrument calibration program.
- Prepare nightly quality documentation and reports.
- Nightly review and filing of HACCP and processing records, Thermal Processing records, Fresh and Frozen production records, Sanitation Audits, Shucking and Prep records and other support documents.
- Assure the reliability and consistency of production by in-process and finished product grading sheets.
- Identify and segregate for evaluation non-conforming finished goods.
- Monitor and enforce HACCP and pre-requisite programs, GMPs, Food Defense, Allergen Control/Label Verification and Company Policies/SOPs
- Supervise nightly activities of QA lab technicians.
- Monitor performance of production QC technicians. Verify accuracy of checks and provide training to maintain consistency of methods.