at Whitman, Requardt and Associates, LLP in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionHighway Engineer - Entry Level Full Time Wilmington, DE, US Requisition ID: 1351
At Whitman, Requardt & Associates, LLP, we are "People Focused and Project Driven". We have been in business for more than 100 years and we are known for our quality work and quality employees. This is your chance to join our team - help us to design the infrastructure and buildings that improve the world!
We are seeking a highly motivated entry-level Highway Engineer to join our growing team in Wilmington, DE. Under the direction of an experienced group of highly skilled project managers, the candidate will assist in the planning, design, and development of construction documents for a wide variety of projects, including some of the highest-profile transportation projects in Delaware. Our work includes trails, streetscapes, intersection improvements, and complex roadways and interchanges. You will have the opportunity to learn a wide variety of skills and work in a fun, dynamic team environment, both in the office and in the field.
- Applying the latest multimodal design guidance in developing construction plans for transportation projects
- Calculating item quantities and developing cost estimates
- Assisting with the development of technical reports
- Working under the supervision of a project manager or senior level team member
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 0-5 years of experience
- Experience using MicroStation or AutoCAD
- Proficiency in MS Office Software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) preferred
WRA recognizes that employees play an important role in its success. Our commitment to full-time employees is reflected in the comprehensive benefits package we offer: Competitive salary, Leave accrual and paid holidays, Healthcare benefits, Group Life Insurance, as well as additional optional Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursement, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, Free parking. WRA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable anti-discrimination laws.